June 7, 2008

HYGIENE KITS

Last week when we visited Ukrainsk they had just received a delivery from the IRD(International Relief Development) of items from a Latter Day Saints Charities container. So when we arrived we were able to be there as they unpacked the boxes. I can't tell you how thrilling it is to see these Hygiene Kits, School Kits and Newborn Kits be delivered. They were so happy as they took them out of the boxes. This weekend was a big celebration. It is called, "The Day of Protection of Children." Ukranisk had a very big celebration with a parade, picnic, and performances. They delivered the items from the container to families during this day sometime. This is Nadya and our interpreter Olga and me in the center. Nadya is the lady who lost her husband in the mining disaster. Nadya told me the families were so thrilled to receive them. So keep up the great work ladies it is definitely going where it is needed. I am so proud to be associated with you all and to be able to do the Lord's work here in Ukraine. Your hard work at home makes all of this possible. Thank you so much.

4 messages from friends and family:

Jane Anne said...

We can't tell you how excited Steve and I were to get your response! As requested, our email address is sjwoodhead@msn.com and would love to hear from you!

It sounds like you are doing some fabulous things in Ukraine. I've been amazed at what you have been able to do so far. It sounds like such an adventure but one that is augmented by the Spirit of missionary work and serving others.

We couldn't believe you actually know our Elder Woodhead and saw him in one of your pictures!! We were familiar with his lumpy bed and mattress but didn't know about the drinking glasses!

When you see him please give him a big hug from his mom and dad and from his siblings too!

We look forward to your email and thank you for taking time to write to us!

Heather said...

Thank you for posting this! My ward made a ton of these hygiene kits and although I doubt one of mine went to my dear Ukraine, it just makes me feel so good knowing that they feel the love that we have for them! Thank you!!!!

Mindy said...

Thank you for your service in the Ukraine. My neice served there, her missionary is serving there now and a good friend in my ward is from there! My sister and her husband are serving their second mission in the Carribean and a nephew is serving in Guatemala. We love missionaries!!

Marie said...

Dear Elder and Sister Kinghorn,

I was so excited when my mom (Jane Anne Woodhead) told me she found your blog! I have been reading your entries and was especially excited when I saw the picture of Michael playing his violin. If you see him again soon, please give him a big hug from his big sister! :) Keep up the wonderful work in Ukraine.

Love,
Marie Bradburn

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg