We are so excited the two Health Fairs that we ordered several months ago have finally arrived. We now have 2 complete Puppet Shows to use in Donetsk and Kharkiv. The Jacob's and Elder Kinghorn and I have each been assigned a companionship of 2 Elders each who will go into hospitals, schools, and orphanages to perform the puppet shows. They are scripted shows that use adorable puppets to teach proper hygiene, nutrition, and health. There are two sections that will be used with older children to discuss the dangers of alcohol and drugs. The missionaries will be the puppeteers and the dialog is on a CD in Russian. In Donetsk we have been assigned Elders Kerr and Fedotov. They have been coming over a few times a week to practice. They are both doing so great. We have been very impressed with them. Yesterday we did our first performance at Zone Conference. They were awesome. We can't wait to take the show on the road. Tomorrow we go to Kharkiv for their zone conference and will get to observe Elders Greener and Badrusev as the puppeteers. I will post more pictures when we return.
January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)
My music
click on the photo to see the captions
Armenia Trip
Our last Zone Conference
Some of the faces we will miss
Our trip to Mariupol
March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)
Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America
Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up
| From Health Fair |
To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first
Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints



4 messages from friends and family:
It must be fun to be making such a difference. Good luck with the shows - oh and Happy New Year!
robin
Happy New Year Melinda. I hope all is well for you this year. Good luck too.
I'm finally getting caught up on blogs! I love that you are able to use puppets to teach in the hospitals, schools and orphanages. What a great experience for everyone involved. I also love your post to mothers and the photos of the chapel are wonderful. Keep up the good work!
What a great project this will be!
I love the work you have done and are doing. What a difference you all are making!
Post a Comment