May 14, 2008

ANOTHER TRANSFER DAY

This is Elder Crawford and Elder Pearson

This week we said good-bye to Elder Crawford. He went back to America. Elder Harris leaves for Kharkov. We have known Elder Harris since last December when we all went Christmas Caroling. Both of these young men have been such great examples. Both of them translated for me on Sunday's so that I could know what was going on during Sacrament Meeting and Sunday school. They were in our district so they were in our home once a week for District meeting. I just want to say, their mothers should be proud of them. Bruce gave Elder Crawford a big hug for me. It's hard to say good-bye. We talked about all the interesting experiences we have shared and how hard it will be to go home and try to tell people about it. It's amazing to think of where they are in their lives. When they get home they have so many decisions to make. Decisions that will affect their entire future. As the day approaches for them to board the plane for America you can see the reality of it setting in. I had a moment to sit and talk with two Elders this week after District meeting about their feelings about their missions and how they feel about going home. It was one of those moments that I was filled with gratitude to have been blessed to be a part of their journey. The most amazing thing is that they will always know that Heavenly Father will be there guiding them as they make these important decisions in their lives. I have been so impressed by the strength of their testimonies. These young men have taught me so much, and been such great examples to me. I am so thankful to be serving with them.

7 messages from friends and family:

Heather said...

Hi! Love your blog! I served in the Donetsk Mission back in 2001 - 2002. My fiance is currently serving in the Kiev Mission (that's an interesting story :). I do a blog with his letters and pictures too. www.elderhokanson.blogspot.com. Keep blogging! Thank you!

Mike said...

Enjoyed reading about your adventures in Ukraine. We spent 2 weeks there when we picked up our son, Elder Ty Woods, in May 2004. We traveled to the cities that he had served in, and met the wonderful people of Ukraine. We sent to church in Sumy and Kherson.

Hopefully you will meet Lena and Sasha from Makeevka (Hanjankova). She is the apartment lady for the missionaries there. She is the nicest lady. If you ever meet her, tell her we said hello.

Our son made sure that we tried all the local types of transportation, including the marshrutkas, and the local trains. You will get to enjoy all of them. Have you been on the Metro in Kiev or Kharkiv?

Try the Tri Tolstyaka (3 Pigs) restaurant. It is great.

We will keep reading of your progress in Ukraine. Thanks for doing it.

Mike & Lois Woods

Jake said...

Hello Kinghorns. My name is Jake Harris and I served in the Donetsk Mission from 2003-2005. I saw a link to your blog on the Mission Website and I thought that I would take a look! It is awesome to hear about what is going on in the mission and to see pictures of the missionaries serving! Good luck on the remainder of your mission.

Carol said...

Please thank your daughter for spreading the news about your blog, and thank you for writing it! My son, Elder Sorensen is serving in Donetsk and comes home in 36 days! He has loved his mission and serving under President Andersen. Thanks for adding another glimpse to life as a missionary in Ukraine. I hope my husband and I can follow your example and serve when it's our time!

pearsonfamily said...

Sister Kinghorn,

Thank you so much for your wonderful blog and for the email about our son Elder Pearson. It is heartwarming to know that he is working with people like you and Elder Kinghorn. He has loved the missionary couples he has served with the past two years. I look forward to meeting you in just a few short weeks...

Kathleen Pearson

serving in ukraine said...

I just want to say thanks to all of you returned missionaries and parents of missionaries who are reading. I love your comments and support.Sister Sorenson, I have a great picture of Elder Sorenson I would love to mail you and we are neighbors. We are from Sacramento. I just had Elder Sorenson and his companion here for dinner sunday. He is so awesome. We all say, one day he will be a great leader in the church.

Lirik said...

Hello, missionaries!
Elder Sutherland from Samara sends hello to elder Sutherland in the Donetsk Mission

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg