June 26, 2008

DEPARTING MISSIONARIES


Elder Koeven, Elder Perkins, Elder Sorenson, Elder Withers, Elder Pearson, Elder Hunter and Sister Semenisheva

When I look at the faces of all of these missionaries I am reminded of how much I have learned from them and how each one of them have left a mark here on Ukraine. They have touched the members with their love and devotion to the Savior. They have been tremendous examples to us all. We will miss them. Good-bye to Sister Godfrey as well. She loved her mission so much that she extended her mission as well as did Sister Semenisheva. She left a few days before this picture. Good-bye to Sister Godfrey we will miss you.

2 messages from friends and family:

dixiewhitehead said...

Elder and Sister Kinghorn:
I am so happy to find your blog. I am the mother of a great young man who is has been called to the Donetsk Ukraine Mission. Elder Mack Whitehead has been in the MTC for 3 weeks now. He will be in your mission on Aug. 5th. I hope you are going to be there still. President and Sister Fry are from our stake in St. George. They are wonderful people and you will LOVE them!

Our son is loving the MTC and the Russian language. He can't wait to go to Ukraine and serve the Lord.

I'm putting a bookmark on this blog and will be reading it every day now. I can tell from your blog that you are a loving, faithful and sensitive couple. It's so nice to know that you are there. Thanks for blogging.

Jeff said...

Hey, it's me! Yep, I made it home. And now I'm no longer a full-time missionary. Weird... But it's awesome being with the fam and my friends. My mom still follows your blog faithfully. She's funny. Anyway, hope everything is great back in Ukraine. I miss everything about Ukraine and what I was doing there. If you ever want to trade spots, just let me know.

Love y'all! Keep up the great work!

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg