October 30, 2008

TRANSFER DAY

sorry this isn't a very good picture and for some reason some of the missionaries think they should make really strange faces for the pictures
I love these guys.


another transfer day!!!

I don't know how the time goes by so fast
This week was our last District meeting with Elder Crossley and Sister Helelyan. Transfers aren't officially announced until tomorrow at transfer meeting so I don't know where they are going. I just know they won't be with us next week and I am sad about that. I love Elder Crossley, he makes me laugh and Sister La La La, as Elder Crossley calls her is wonderful. She is from Armenia where she is an attorney and she doesn't take nothin from nobody. I love her too and will really miss her.
the other sad thing is......

a few days before transfer day missionaries go home. So this week Elders Karren, Burrup, Callister, and Andersen left Ukraine
and
in a few weeks Elders Carlson, Crossley, Harris, and Williams will be leaving. I was talking to Sister Fry (the Mission Presidents wife) who has been here for about 3 months now and she said, "these departures are getting harder and harder because now I know the missionaries and it is hard to see them go". It is so true, the longer we are here the closer we get to the missionaries and we really like them. When they leave I make them promise to write me ...........
at least the ones who have been in our District.
We have had such good times together here in Ukraine and I want to stay in touch. Some of them have written and I am so grateful for that. There are a few that I haven't heard from and would love to know how things are going. I keep thinking about Elder Basset, Elder Crawford, and Elder Permenter. I hope you are happy. We miss you and hope life is good to you.
Which brings me to this.................
I don't get much e-mail. My blog is how I correspond with my friends and family. The only thing is the blog is one-way. You get to hear all about what Bruce and I are up to but I don't know what is going on in your lives. I keep saying, I love being a missionary. We are so happy having so many awesome experiences and meeting so many wonderful new friends, however, we miss you all. I want to know how you are and what you are doing. I have some very loyal friends who are writing regular e-mails and I am so grateful for that.
I really want to ask a favor of the rest of you blog stalkers. (That's the term used for people who just read your blog and don't leave a comment)
Please leave a comment.
That means you moms and dads too!!!
I know you are reading .......your missionaries tell me. I would love to hear from you. Don't be intimidated. It is very easy. You don't have to say much. I took off the word scrambler so it would be easier to comment. my blogging friend Lisa in Poland says, "you may have to click "anonymous" if you don't have a google account or a blog and then sign your name at the end of your post. So try that and let me know if it works. I will also leave my email address in my profile if you feel too intimidated to publicly comment. So to all the parents of missionaries coming home.....
thanks for preparing your sons and daughters to be servants of the Lord, it really is an awesome experience and they grow so much during the time they are on their missions.

4 messages from friends and family:

Jan said...

We know it must be tough being away from everyone and feel that missing out feeling. We are thinking about you and your service. I love reading your blogs and doings because my neighbor serves in the UK. It makes me feel an attachment to what he is experiencing. I appreciate the love you share of those missionaries serving as well. My son comes home in a couple of weeks. I am so excited and I know the parents who are reading your blog, just appreciate you so very much. Take care and loves from Washington State.

LisAway said...

That picture on your header is fantastic! Love it!

I wonder if part of the reason people might not comment may be because they don't know how to comment.

People who don't have any sort of google account (like with Gmail or Blogger) might be confused as to how to do this. The only way, really is for them to click on the anonymous little box and then sign their name in the comment. This is what I've heard, anyway. Just thought I'd let you know.

Carol said...

I'm guilty! I still read your blog regularly, even though Elder Sorensen has been home for three months now. But I subscribe to your blog through Google reader, and it just shows the text with no place to comment. I have to leave Google reader to go to your website...which I don't usually take the time to do. Thanks for giving me motivation to consider going on a mission. And guess what -- it finally rained here in the Sac area today!

Randy O said...

Maybe (through weeks of trial and error) we finally got this to work! I'll cross my fingers. If you can read this Sister Kinghorn, please know how much we love reading the blog and seeing photos. Thank you so much for your service and for adding a motherly touch to all that you do with the missionaries. You are a very talented writer. I usually end up crying--tears of joy, to know that all seems well. WE wish you all the best and know that our prayers are with all those serving. Love, The Oldroyds

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg