February 27, 2009

STREETS OF DONETSK

LAST WEEK I CAME HOME FROM KHARKIV WITH A BAD COLD
I WAS IN BED FOR ALMOST 3 DAYS. I STARTED FEELING BETTER BY TUESDAY
AND TODAY I WOKE UP FEELING PRETTY GOOD SO I TOOK A WALK TO THE HAIRDRESSER. ON THE WAY HOME I DECIDED TO SHARE SOME OF THE INTERESTING SIGHTS I WAS SEEING WITH YOU SO......
I TOOK SOME PICTURES. IT WAS REALLY FUN
BUT BY THE TIME I GOT HOME I HAD TO TAKE A NAP
I WAS COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED.
























I FEEL MUCH BETTER AGAIN!!!!

Another week has flown by. Monday we had a Health Fair Practice with Olga because Elder Kerr had to go to Bulgaria to get his visa renewed and she offered to stand in for him as a Puppeteer. On Tuesday we went to the Public Library to do the Health Fair and then we had District Meeting.My sweet friend Annya turned 16 this week so I went to her home to wish her a Happy Birthday. We also did apartment inspections this week. We joke that the highlight of our week was going shopping with the other couples at Metro.

2 messages from friends and family:

Jane Anne said...

My dad has been sick this week too. My parents were also sick during the holidays. They say it gets pretty boring on a mission when you have to stay inside for several days (a couple of weeks during the holidays). This is the time I wish I could go and help with something.

dixiewhitehead said...

Thanks for taking the pictures! The comments in my head ranged from "What in the world?" to "Very interesting!". You certainly are in a unique area of the world. It's interesting because I feel a love in my heart for this area and these people even though I've never been there.

I hope you have been able to turn this blog into a scrapbook. A mission is such a unique and life changing experience. Your record (this blog) has been so very touching and detailed. Thanks again for being here and taking great care of the missionaries and people of Ukraine. You are loved.

I'm so glad you are feeling better now.

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg