February 9, 2009

THE SNOW IS MELTING

ANYONE WHO HAS EVER LIVED IN DONETSK KNOW THAT IT IS NO FUN WHEN THE SNOW MELTS.

there is muddy water running down the streets of Donetsk!!!
There are muddy puddles everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is what it looks like in front of our apartment

So much for beautiful walks home in the snow!!! We can no longer walk side by side, hand in hand. It's every man for himself as we try to dodge mud puddles. Last week we were walking ever so carefully on ice now it is just mud and water did I say it is EVERYWHERE ?

On a brighter note............
I am so happy we finally have Internet again. Well.... at least tonight we have it. We finally got so frustrated with our Internet company that we changed providers. It's a long story and not worth complaining about. So tonight......
we got to call our son, Nathan. It is always wonderful to hear his voice,
we got a phone call from the office elders today telling us we have a package
Yeahhhhhhh!! Our sweet daughter sent a package filled with Valentine Treats and a very nice card from the grandchildren. I got to sit and catch up on my e-mails, send an e-mail to our daughter with some suggestions about how we would like to remodel our town home when we get home (she is taking a friend over this week so discuss the possibilities). Yes, the sell of our town home fell through so we get to go home to our old ward and our wonderful town home that is 5 minutes from our daughter and her husband and our 4 grand babies. We were able to take care of some on-line banking. I was able to send our expense report to Kiev along with 3 Final Reports, ( this is really good news because that means 3 more organizations got there items delivered), I sent our Bio to our Directors in Moscow. They needed this for the conference we are attending in Armenia in April.
Oh, did I mention we get to go to Armenia
for a conference with all the other Humanitarian Missionaries from Eastern Europe?
This is such a great opportunity to meet and learn about all the other Humanitarian work that is going on all around Eastern Europe. A few days ago I had to ask the Office Elders to stay a little late so that I could go into the office and use my laptop there to access Skype to call our son. Bruce wasn't in the mood to go out so I had to get all bundled up and go out and deal with the muddy streets, (well actually I called a cab) we just didn't think I should go out alone at night and at least the cab would deliver me right in front of the office. But it's not as easy as just calling a cab because
I can't call a cab!!!!!
I don't know how to ask someone to come get me, (sometimes I feel so helpless)
so I had to call Olga and ask her to call a cab, then when I finally finished checking my e-mails and calling Nathan I had to have the missionaries wait at the bus stop with me.
So tonight I am thrilled. It was so nice to do all this from the comfort of our little Ukrainian Apartment.
We are so grateful to Olga who made all this possible for us. After the disaster of waiting home all day Saturday she basically fired the old Internet company and got a new one by 10am this morning. She works miracles for us.
Today was a good day in Ukraine.

1 messages from friends and family:

McEwens said...

If the snow is melting that means it is warmer and SPRING is close!!!! YEAH!!!

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg