March 8, 2009

SUNDAY'S

WHEN YOU FIRST BEGIN YOUR MISSION IT SEEMS LIKE SUCH A LONG TIME BEFORE YOU RETURN TO YOUR LOVED ONES
18 MONTHS FEELS LIKE FOREVER...............
WE WONDERED HOW WE WOULD FILL OUR DAYS
HOW WE WOULD STAY BUSY ENOUGH
HOW WE COULD MANAGE NOT TO BE TOO HOMESICK
HOWEVER........................
WE FIND OURSELVES IN THIS STRANGE PLACE OF ANXIOUSLY COUNTING DOWN THE WEEKS BEFORE WE GO HOME
BACK TO OUR LOVED ONES
BUT EACH SUNDAY I AM OVERWHELMED WITH EMOTIONS
EACH SUNDAY
I FIND MYSELF THINKING OF
ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE I WILL MISS
IT'S A STRANGELY FAMILIAR FEELING
I THINK IT FEELS MUCH LIKE I FELT
THE LAST FEW WEEKS BEFORE I LEFT FOR MY MISSION
A TUGGING AT MY HEART
WONDERING HOW WILL I EVER SAY GOOD-BYE TO THESE WONDERFUL NEW FRIENDS
AS I LISTEN TO THE HYMNS
MY EYES FILL WITH TEARS
SWEET ANNYA OR GENYA WILL LOOK OVER AND SAY,
"DON'T CRY, SISTER KINGHORN, DON'T BE SAD"
IT IS MUCH LIKE I FELT AS I SAT IN CHURCH WITH MY SWEET LITTLE GRANDCHILDREN THOSE LAST FEW WEEKS BEFORE WE LEFT FOR OUR MISSION
THERE ARE NO WORDS TO TELL THEM WHAT THESE TEARS MEAN
there are really no words.......
I just hug them and tell them I love them

2 messages from friends and family:

Pancake said...

How exciting and how sad all rolled into one! My son comes home in two weeks!!!!!!

Will you keep this blog? I would love to stay in touch! We are going to a blind school to make touch textiles this week

Melinda said...

Oh yes, I will keep my blog. I am sure it will have a completely different feel. I sometimes wonder will I have anything to write about. I hope to fill my life with service opportunities when I return to America hopefully that will be worth writing about. Thanks for your example Pancake. You are so awesome

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg