We rode for about an hour on a Marshruka to get there
This is Annya and her father
Elder Kinghorn stayed home and caught up on some of our paperwork
we had a family night at our home and fixed dinner and dessert for 4 missionaries, and 4 church members
Annya and I went to watch some of the members of the Branch and the Missionaries at Sports Night
Me and Annya
Elder Kinghorn and I did apartment inspections
at 5 missionary apartments................................
(Elders Doxey and Oldroyd)
at 5 missionary apartments................................
(Elders Doxey and Oldroyd)
The Humanitarian Program donated some equipment for their school
The Humanitarian Program donated some other equipment
we visited an organization for Special Needs young people.....................
The Humanitarian Program donated computers, chairs, a printer, a ping-pong table, and excercise equipment
The Humanitarian Program donated some other equipment
The Humanitarian Program donated computers, chairs, a printer, a ping-pong table, and excercise equipment
We went to a staff meeting at the mission office with the other couples..........
We wrote Final reports on all the projects we completed this week.....................
We hosted the District Meeting at our home and fed 6 missionaries dinner.....................
We scheduled the Puppet Show for three more performances...........................
We coordinated a service project with the Sisters in Mariupol...............................
We went out to dinner with President and Sister Fry and then came home and had a fun game night.
I was talking to one of the younger missionaries today as he was watching a video of Elder Kinghorn and I dancing with the children in the Kindergarten for the deaf and he said,
"you guys really have a different kind of mission, you do things and see things that most couples don't get to do." This is so true. I have loved this work. It has been so incredible. Every day is completely different from the day before. I am so amazed how Bruce and I have taken our individual talents and combined them in a way that helps us do this job so efficiently. We both have really enjoyed doing Humanitarian Work. It has been a richly rewarding experience and we both feel so blessed to have had this opportunity.



2 messages from friends and family:
I can only say, "Wow!"
You are richly blessing lives and also so richly blessed.
That sounds like the kind of mission that I would really enjoy! (I'm trying to talk my hubby into adopting a baby with Down's Syndrome from a Ukranian Orphanage, but so far he's saying 6 is enough. LOL! I guess he figures if we're supposed to have a baby with special needs, the Lord will send one the usual way.)
Post a Comment