September 13, 2008

WHY I BLOG

When we first arrived in the mission field our daughter, Karrissa kept telling me I should start a blog. I thought, "no I am too busy for that, I am suppose to be on a mission I can't be spending my time blogging." What I didn't realize then is that my blog can be a missionary tool. Bruce and I had no idea before we came on a mission what we would experience as a Missionary Couple. We could only imagine what it would be like to be an instrument in the Hands of God. Now, I can hardly hold myself back. I want to share it all with the people I love.

Do you remember the last time you did something that you knew would change your life forever. The moment you felt those feelings that stirred something very deep within you? All of us have had a moment when we know we have been transformed by some unique experience that will mold us into something completely new.

A newer, better version of our previous selves.
That is what this mission has done for me, and that, my friends, is

WHY I BLOG

This wonderfully, exciting, challenging, spiritual experience is so incredibly unique. I want to remember every minute of it. I want to remember the days that I see the "strangest" things that quickly have become common place here. Like yesterday when I looked out the window and saw 3 grown men sitting on the merry-go-round in the playground in front of our apartment and the next time I looked out I saw 2 of them just taking a little snooze. Not on the nice green grass, (we don't have that here) but in the dirt.

I want to remember our friends at the Reenik who gave us the watermelons and told us "I love you" in broken English, or the woman who returned my 200 griven($40.00)that must have fallen out of my pocket at the Reenik. I want to remember the many, many times my heart has been touched by small acts of kindness I have been shown. I want to remember the faces of the little children in the Internats as they reached out to me saying, Preveat, preveat, (hello, hello).

Our late Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley once said,

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
I want to remember.........
I want to share with you those sacred moments when I know without a doubt that I am truly on the Lord's errand. I want you to share this incredible journey filled with moments of joy, sadness, and immense love for my Savior with all of you who are so dear to my heart. 

1 messages from friends and family:

Jane Anne said...

I'd like to use President Hinckley's quote on my blog! and I would love to use Elder Busche's video in a Relief Society lesson..Thanks for giving me some ideas!!

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg