September 12, 2008

CASH OLIVER BAILEY

THIS IS OUR DAUGHTER KARRISSA, HER HUSBAND, BRAD, CHILDREN, WYATT, MONROE, AND MAVERICK. SOON TO BE JOINED BY CASH OLIVER BAILEY.

I am so excited I don't think I will be able to fall asleep tonight. It is already 1:19 am and I can't stop thinking. In just a few hours Cash Oliver Bailey will join our family. Tomorrow morning our daughter Karrissa and her husband Brad will go to the hospital to have her labor induced. I am so proud of Karrissa. She is truly a daughter of God. She has followed the prophets council in "assisting our Father in Heaven in bringing spirit children into the world." Karrissa is one of those women who always knew she wanted to be a mother. She had it all planned out from the time she was a little girl that she would have four children. And tomorrow her dreams will be fulfilled as Cash enters the world. I remember the first time I saw her with her baby in her arms. There are no words to express the deep intense feelings that filled my soul. I truly feel
"there can be no greater joy for a mother than to watch her daughter love, and nurture her own children."
It truly is "the circle of life." I have watched as she has taught her children, love, kindness, patience, endurance, and faith. I am so grateful that my daughter could have the joy of motherhood. I am grateful that our Heavenly Father has entrusted her and her sweet husband, Brad with 4 of his precious children.

"God entrusts women to bear and nurture His children. Motherhood is such an important role for women,” The proclamation on the family declares, “The family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children” (Liahona, October 1998, 24). Assisting our Father in Heaven in bringing spirit children to earth and in teaching them “to walk uprightly before the Lord” (D&C 68:28) is one of the great honors He has given us." James E. Faust
I was reading about women of God today and I thought about Karrissa and how she is truly a Daughter of God. I have always believed that we lived with our Heavenly Father before we came to this earth. I believe we knew before we came to live here what trials we would face and how difficult it would be. In spite of this we said, "here I am send me Father". I know it hasn't always been easy to have 3 little ones under four years old and to be pregnant. I know sometimes the days are long and there is always an endless pile of laundry and the sink is never free of dishes. Someone always needs a drink, a hug, or a hurt kissed away. There is no paycheck at the end of the day. There are no bonuses for working overtime. There is no promotion for a job well done. The blessings that come from motherhood are eternal. They are found in the small moments each day as we "teach our children to walk uprightly before the Lord."

The following thoughts came from a talk given to the Young Women in the church.
The Savior’s Example by M. Russell BallardI have been drawn to an interchange between God the Father and His eldest and Only Begotten Son, who is the ultimate example of living up to one’s premortal promises. When God asked who would come to earth to prepare a way for all mankind to be saved and strengthened and blessed, it was Jesus Christ who said, simply, “Here am I, send me” (Abr. 3:27).Just as the Savior stepped forward to fulfill His divine responsibilities, we have the challenge and responsibility to do likewise. If you are wondering if you make a difference to the Lord, imagine the impact when you make commitments such as the following:“Father, if You need a woman to rear children in righteousness, here am I, send me.”“If You need a woman who will shun vulgarity and dress modestly and speak with dignity and show the world how joyous it is to keep the commandments, here am I, send me.”“If You need a woman who can resist the alluring temptations of the world by keeping her eyes fixed on eternity, here am I, send me.”“If You need a woman of faithful steadiness, here am I, send me.”Between now and the day the Lord comes again, He needs women in every family, in every ward, in every community, in every nation who will step forward in righteousness and say by their words and their actions, “Here am I, send me.”My question is, “Will you be one of those women? Now, I know most of you want to. But how will you do it? How, in a world filled with deceptive messages about women and the family—and the significance of both to the Lord—will you perpetually respond to the Lord, “Here am I, send me”?


I am so proud of my daughter for being that type of woman. The one who would say, "here I am send me."


What a blessing it is to be an eternal family. How grateful I am to have been entrusted with a sweet little angel who became a beautiful Daugher of God.
I truly do, in the words of one of my favorite hymns, "Stand all amazed.........please remember our daughter and Brad in your prayers as they welcome little Cash into their family tomorrow. I am eternally grateful

1 messages from friends and family:

Jane Anne said...

We hope all went well with the delivery. I asume you'll do a post!!

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg