October 1, 2008

GENERAL CONFERENCE

This week end is General Conference. Twice a year we have the opportunity to listen to talks given by our Prophet and his Apostles. If you would like to tune in just click here. When we are at home we usually invite friends or family over to watch it on the television. We use to have games or activities for the children like Conference Bingo to keep them interested. It is also available to view from the Chapel but we like to view it from home. Here in Ukraine the Conference Talks will be broadcast on Satellite. The missionaries will go to the Branch Building to watch the broadcast. We usually have one room being broadcast in English for the missionaries and the members view it in Russian in the Chapel. We are going Saturday night and Sunday morning and again Sunday afternoon. I know it sounds like alot of sitting but it really is a blessing to listen to inspired council that is specifically for our day. We are living in turbulent times. We will have an opportunity to not only receive council and direction but also to be spiritually fed. I am looking forward to it.

9 messages from friends and family:

bailey troops said...

you both are amazing.. nice apartment.

douglas m b

Mother Goose said...

It is really nice to see what the apartments look like over there.

I also have to say I look forward to hearing conference this weekend! I always do.

dixiewhitehead said...

Well that was interesting. I had some questions about the crime but you answered them in the next entry. I'm wondering how much apartment rent would be there. Are the missionaries apartments like yours? They seem quite nice. Thanks for sharing.

dixiewhitehead said...

Oh, I just read that this is not the average missionary apartment. Now that I am thinking about it, you already showed us part of a missionary's apartment during inspection time.

Jenn said...

So interesting! I'm happy to have "found" you.

I can't wait for conference to start.

Bruce and Jeri said...

Thanks for all your information. If you would like to see me, I sing in the Tabernacle Choir and will be singing this weekend. (Maybe they will show me.) I am suppose to be sitting on row 3 and the 5th seat to the right of the women's aisle. My daughter, Sister Howard, is enjoying her new companion in Gorlivka and said she would watch for me too. Love, Jeri

Jan said...

Thanks for coming by and saying hello today. My neighbor and good friend son is serving in Ukraine. He is Elder Swanberg. He has been out for about a year and a half. It would be so ironic if you knew of him or have met him. I love being able to see how they live over there. Awesome. Can't wait for this weekend.

Brent Festge said...

I was thinking about investigating your church...but then, when I went on Sunday everyone kept calling me an investigator and it made me paranoid. Plus everyone was way too clean. What do they shower ever day?

Mother Goose said...

I wanted to let you know that I have made my blog private. I will invite you.

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg