October 7, 2008

TRIP TO KHARKIV



Bruce and I are off to Kharkov tomorrow morning. We are going with President and Sister Fry to join the missionaries for their Zone Conference. Bruce and I will be introducing the new Family Home Evening Manual and talk about how they can use it as a missionary tool. We are also going to deliver the Health Fair that the Humanitarian Funds purchased for the missionaries to use. It is a Puppet Show that has 3 modules that teach about, health and nutrition, hygiene, and avoiding cigarettes, and alcohol. They will be able to use this program with school aged children in the schools and orphanages. We will be gone until next Monday so I won't be posting until we return. Thanks for stopping by. Be back soon.

6 messages from friends and family:

Jane Anne said...

have fun!!

Jan said...

Have fun while you are there okay.

rosenfamily said...

Greetings from Sweden!
I just found your blog and I just LOVE it! What a beautiful work you are doing.
We have a son at MTC-Provo that will arrive to your mission in late October.
I have just started to work on our family´s blog. You really inspired me!
Love,
Marita Rosen

Mandy said...

Thanks for the tag Melinda! I love to read about your adventures. I will post my stuff soon. I have a million things to write. I will get to it!

Mother Goose said...

I think it will be so wonderful to present the new fhe book! enjoy your travels! you will be doing such a great service to all those that you teach

Melinda said...

jan, jane anne, mandy and mothergoose thanks for all the well wishes. We had a great time. I love it when you leave comments. Welcome Rosen family we are looking forward to meeting your son.

Saints in Ukraine (put music on pause)

My music


click on the photo to see the captions

Armenia Trip

Our last Zone Conference

Some of the faces we will miss

Our trip to Mariupol

March Zone Conference in Donetsk(click on photo to view a larger version)

Missionaries helping the International Relief Development unload a container from America

Health Fair click on the photo to see what is coming up

To listen to this talk you will need to put the music on pause first

Sometimes we forget what divine gifts we have been given. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Thanksgiving

Look at the fun equipment we got to deliver to this internat for Special Needs children

Europe East Area District Meeting

I LOVE THESE MISSIONARIES

OUR APARTMENT (this is not an average missionary apartment)

THIS IS WHAT MISSIONARY APARTMENTS LOOK LIKE ON INSPECTION DAY

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE A MORE COMPLETE VIEW

LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN THE KALINSKY BUILDING

Click on photo to see more photos of the Open House at the Kalininsky blg